Steve H. in Massachusetts saw a 12×18 co-op mailer in Maine where his summer residence is, so he duplicated the model himself in Massachusetts and eventually found the 9×12 system product.
Amazingly, Steve just sold $13,000 worth of ad contracts in just 2 days as he re-signed existing advertisers from his first successful run. Fortunately, I was able to get him on the phone for a half hour or so and hear what’s working for him.
You’ll love hearing some of the experiences he’s had and I’m positive you’ll come away with a lot more insight into running a successful co-op ad business. Just his opening pitch technique is worth listening, not to mention everything else.
No fluff and nothing to sell, this is just straight value from someone making this a huge success like you should.
In this easy-to-listen interview, you’ll find some pretty interesting stuff including:
- How he was flung from a high paying corporate job and now running a successful co-op advertising business
- He sent out scraped emails today and already people on board
- Two days sold $13k in ads
- Today sold $1500 worth of ads
- How this ‘idea’ has now turned into a real business, forcing him to HAVE to start a legit biz just so he can cash all these checks instead of paypal.
- How hard it is to ‘step off the cliff’ of a corporate cushy job and into self-employment
- Surviving two heart attacks and friends now passing away, how time is so important and valuable, and that it shouldn’t be wasted on working for some a–hole company.
- How mobile marketing was ‘impossible’ to sell until he started offering the co-op advertising first. A great example of an auto detailer who wouldn’t give him the time of day until he saw the co-op piece, then signed up for everything including mobile marketing.
- A landscaping client landed a $2k cash job the 2nd day of the mailer going out, then landed a $10k annual contract, and told his whole crew they should be thanking Steve for the business!
- How he explains mobile marketing in simple terms for business owners to understand
- The importance of being more than a one trick pony.
- An incredibly powerful story of seeing a person by chance opening their mailbox and what happened!
- Handling poor response on a clients ad
- A carwash with absolutely insane response, better than the ad in the paper he had always ran
- A super fast short, direct, and effective pitch that gets the point across in seconds.
- How employees can really screw up response:: a funny story of how someone misplaced the coupons, didn’t want to re-sign, then found them and panicked, begging to re-sign!
- How sending a series of emails to new clients can seriously help
- How to integrate facebook easily with your already-made ads!
- How persistent should you be when a gatekeeper blows you off or tells you they’re not interested?
- Advice for those starting up